Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time 10 min
Ready In 35 min
This easy, all-veggie appetizer idea is proof you don’t have to make a dish, to reinvent it.
- 6 canned artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
- Place artichoke heart halves on a paper towel cut-side down to drain for about 15 minutes.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with vegetable oil.
- Place artichoke heart halves on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil artichoke hearts until browned on top, about 7 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.