Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 946 ml organic vegetable broth
- 1 can organic coconut milk (full-fat)
- 1 1⁄4 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop carrots and place in a pot with enough water to cover; steam until very tender.
- Heat the oil over low-medium, sautéing the onions and garlic.
- Once done drain the carrots and add the broth, onions, and garlic.
- Bring the soup to a low boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the carrots become tender. This could take between 10–30 minutes.
- Next, use an immersion blender to puree the vegetables with the stock. Continue simmering over low heat.
- Add coconut milk and stir in.
- Using a food processor, puree the cashews with 1⁄2 cup of the pureed soup. Puree until a smooth butter is formed, then transfer it back to the soup pot.
- Use the immersion blender to mix the soup, making sure that the ingredients are all dispersed completely.
- Add the thyme and sage.
- Top with fresh herbs to taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Sit and enjoy!