Sushi Making Night
Cost - $30
Join us for a fun Sushi Making Night. Everything will be provided for you from instructions, guidance to ingredients. You will go home with your own rolling mat and knowledge to make your own plus up to 4 sushi rolls that you make. (What you take home depends on how much you eat that night!)
Please bring a container to take your sushi home in.
Wednesday, February 15
10 Spindlestone Gate
BYOB (water and tea will be provided)
Limited space so book your spot today
Wild Winnipeg Walk
Cost - FREE
Wild Winnipeg Walks take place at various locations around Winnipeg where we explore the fun and the beauty of our city.
Once a month this walk is hosted by top monkey Carol Ploen-Hosegood and/or Life Coach Patti Phillips. It is a 90-minute walk where you will experience exercise, great conversation, fun and we will always take time to be mindful and enjoy the scenery. There is no charge for this event.
Next Walk ~ John Bruce Park
Friday, March 17 9:30am
We will meet at 9:30 am at the end of John Bruce Rd. off St. Annes. We will leave no later than 9:35am. If you are late text 204-955-6318 and we will arrange a spot to meet you.
Please sign up so we know who to expect
Explore Life Lessons
Wed. March 15, 7:40 - 9:10 PM
Cost - $20
These talks are ideal for women who are seeking a deeper understanding of themselves and the world around them. We passionately believe that by sharing and spreading ideas of positivity and wellness, people will become more aware, attitudes will change, and ultimately, our intentional actions will improve lives and the world.
Based on the immensely successful concept of TED Talks, life coach Patti Phillips will host monthly, in-person group chats that explore various ideas in the areas of personal growth, life balance, self-care, happiness, and authentic living.
In each 45-60 minute chat, participants will be guided to be mindful, to consider new perspectives, and to explore options to grow forward.
Adventure in Everything
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” This famous quote by Helen Keller, a daring woman who was both deaf and blind, challenges us to expand our view of adventure far beyond that of simply pushing our physical being. Adventure is not just climbing a mountain, jumping out of an airplane, or exploring new environments. Approaching each aspect of our day with a sense of curiousity, daring, and awe, makes us adventurers in our own lives everyday. Work, relationships, play, emotions, thoughts, spirituality all give us the opportunity to step into unfamiliar and sometimes scary territory. It is when we venture into the unknown and discovery something new that we feel fully alive and express our true nature.
In this life lesson we will explore the elements of adventure that create a life of authenticity, purpose, and joy.
Things to note:
These sessions are for women only.
Actually start time of the life lesson is 7:40 pm. 7:30 is the recommended arrival time to prepare room and greet participants.
Group interaction and sharing is encouraged. These life lessons are intended to take information to inspiration to action.
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
7:40- 9:10 pm
Location: Pilates Manitoba 390 Academy Road (Corner of Ash and Academy Rd.)
Weekly Circuit Workouts
Drop in fee - $5
Anytime Fitness Members - no charge
Join some Happy Monkeys at Anytime fitness once a week to supplement your own program or kick start a healthy lifestyle.
We will start with a 15 minute warm up on the treadmill, bikes or eliptical; followed by a 45-minute circuit lead by a personal trainer from Anytime Fitness. All Monkeys are welcome.
The workout is intended to motivate you to stay active on a regular basis and maintain your muscle tone. All fitness levels will be accommodated. Strength and fun in numbers!
No need to register just show up at Anytime Fitness and tell them you're a monkey. Please bring your drop in fee to Anytime Fitness directly.
Tuesday Mornings 9:15am - 10:30am. The circuit begins at 9:30am (Workouts on hold until March 7)
Anytime Fitness Lindenwoods ~ 980 Lorimer Blvd,
One Simple Change
Tuesday, March 7, 7-8:30pm
Cost - FREE
March Event ~ Greening up your plate
Tuesday, March 7
Carol's home 10 Spindlestone Gate, Whyteridge
Wanting to make a healthy shift in your lifestyle?
Struggle with making simple changes?
Looking for a community to support you in your journey?
If you answered yes, to any of these questions, you have found the right place! The Healthy Living Revolution is a movement to take healthy back. Your health is your number one asset and the only person who has control over it is you.
Join us as we:
- Discuss the importance of a whole food diet.
- Introduce you to a whole food supplement, Juice Plus, that allows you to bridge the gap between what you are eating and what you should be eating.
- Focus on the importance of greening up your plate
- Invite you to make One Simple Change for March and continue 2017 by taking healthy back.
We start with community and supporting each other, we build everything on healthy lifestyle choices, no quick fixes. You will not be overwhelmed with too much information.
One simple change each month will help you make Health and Vitality a part of your lifestyle.
This event is offered monthly so by the end of the year you have 12 new healthy habits and a new happy, healthy you!
HMC Dragon Boat Team 2016
September 8-10, 2017
Cost - $185
Fun, Fitness, Fundraising
Everything Happy Monkey Club is about!
Join us for the 2017 Dragon Boat Festival Sept. 8,9,10, 2017 and help us raise over $30,000 for Cancer Care Manitoba and the Children's Hospital.
Happy Monkey Club has two boats entered for the 2017 festival, and we're looking for some Monkeys to fill them!
You're spot will be secured when payment is received. Don't miss out and register today.
- $185 entry fee. Payment is due May 1, 2017. (Remember it's first come, first serve)
- Commit to raise $250- $500+ in pledges for Cancer Care Manitoba and the Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- Attend a minimum of 2 out of 3 on river training sessions (dates will be known July 2017 and training will take place the last two weeks of August first week of September)
- Commit to the September 8-10, 2017 weekend for the actual races.
- Support any and all fundraising events leading up the festival as a participant/volunteer or promoter.
- Attend any pre-event activities to train, build team and have fun.
Red Mountain Retreat 2017
November 3-9, 2017
Red Mountain Resort, Utah
$$380-$399 per day all meals, activities and room
HMC is thrilled to announce the dates for the 2017 retreat to Red Mountain Resort, Utah.
This year you can create your own trip within the week. I invite you to join us for 7 nights but if 4 or 5 fits your schedule better we can accommodate that too. Minimum 4 night stay, all taxes, fees and group meetings are included.
Join me for the best get away you will experience of living active, eating healthy, having fun, being positive and giving back to the most important person…YOU!
This is an opportunity to immerse yourself in the 5 pillars of happiness in a breath taking setting with amazing company and no distractions.
Red Mountain Resort is distinguished for its diversity of unique vacation experiences. Some are inspired to fulfill their passion for adventure, others to restore and enhance specific areas of physical, emotional or spiritual well-being. Your package includes:
- Deluxe room; inclusive of all fees
- Three healthy meals daily
- Daily guided morning hikes
- Unlimited fitness classes
- Healthy life classes & events
- Personal discovery activities
- Eat Well, Feel Well cooking demonstrations
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in rooms and throughout resort
- 42” flat-screen, high-definition televisions
- Use of indoor & seasonal outdoor pools, bicycles, walking trails, strength & cardio studios and other amenities
- Everyone will receive a $125USD Spa/Resort Credit with a 6 night stay!!
- Private group sessions
- HMC t-shirt, journal and water bottle
- Welcome night Bonfire
- Organized group activities at the resort and excursion to Zion National Park (optional, please note there are additional charges for these outings but will reflect significant savings from doing them individually through the resort) More info. to come
6th Annual Ladies Golf Classic
Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 1-8pm
Cost - $145
FUN, FRIENDS, FUNDRAISING AND A LITTLE GOLF!
The 6th annual HMC ladies golf classic presented by Dr. Keith Levin will once again be hosted at Southside golf course on Wednesday, Aug. 24, 2016. Join us for a day of fun, friends and fundraising all in support of the Children's Hospital and Cancer Care Manitoba.
This will be our final year of hosting the tournament. Let's sell it out and make it the best ever!!
Registrations will be processed in order received. Registration limited to 80 golfers
- Priority given to teams of 4. If you do not have a foursome I will match you up with other golfers.
- No refunds will be issued. If unable to participate each registrant must replace herself or choose to donate their registration fee to the Children's Hospital/Cancer Care Manitoba.
- All events will be held at Southside Golf Course
- 1:30 registration 2:30 shot gun start
- Complimentary Range balls
- Golf Format : 9 Hole Texas Scramble with lots of fun games
- Prizes and Rainbow auction
- Other fun surprises
- Cocktails 5:30
- Dinner and prizes 6-8pm
- Cost of the day $145
Proceeds of the tournament are going to Cancer Care Manitoba and the Children’s Hospital.