Healthy LIfestyle Walk
Cost - FREE
Healthy Lifestyle Walks take place at various locations around Winnipeg where we incorporate the five pillars of happiness into an hour and half walk and enjoy the beauty of our city.
This walk is hosted by top monkey Carol Ploen-Hosegood and/or Life Coach Patti Phillips. You will experience exercise, great conversation, fun and we will always take time to be mindful and enjoy the scenery. There is no charge for this event. Next walk:
Play in the Park
Monday, June 12 9:30am
We will meet by the duck pond at 9:25 and leave no later than 9:35. If you come late text Carol at 204-955-6318 and we can arrange a meeting spot.
Email or Text Carol to let her know you are coming
Explore Life Lessons
Tues. June 13, 7:40 - 9:10 PM
Cost - $20
These talks are ideal for women who are seeking a deeper understanding of themselves and the world around them. We passionately believe that by sharing and spreading ideas of positivity and wellness, people will become more aware, attitudes will change, and ultimately, our intentional actions will improve lives and the world.
Based on the immensely successful concept of TED Talks, life coach Patti Phillips will host monthly, in-person group chats that explore various ideas in the areas of personal growth, life balance, self-care, happiness, and authentic living.
In each 45-60 minute chat, participants will be guided to be mindful, to consider new perspectives, and to explore options to grow forward.
FIND YOUR FUN
It's so easy for our lives to get filled up with the "important" things. Work, taking care of family, running a household, giving to our communities and many other things. For so many women, having fun and playing are low on the priority list and often viewed as frivolous and irresponsible.
This life lesson is intended to challenge women to have a good look at fun and see it as important as everything else in their lives. Why? Because within our play lies our passions and the things that bring us joy and peace. When we express our passion, we open our hearts and minds to what who we truly are and the gifts we have been given. Play allows us to re-energize so we can return to our daily responsibilities with a positive perspective and without resentment. Play is an opportunity to discover what is uniquely fun for us and it's a way to express our authentic, creative selves.
Things to note:
These sessions are for women only.
Actually start time of the life lesson is 7:40 pm. 7:30 is the recommended arrival time to prepare room and greet participants.
Group interaction and sharing is encouraged. These life lessons are intended to take information to inspiration to action.
Tues. June 13, 2017
7:40- 9:10 pm
Location: Pilates Manitoba 390 Academy Road (Corner of Ash and Academy Rd.)
Re-Creating Retirement 24 Hour Retreat
Fall Intro Special $249 (save $50)
Do you have a vision beyond relaxing for the first few weeks?
Are you ready?
You’ve been conditioned to be busy 24/7 for the last 30 plus years. You’ve been available as an employee, parent, partner, volunteer etc. Never a dull moment but in retirement you’re about to step off that treadmill and enter the next phase of life. No more excuses. You’ve been given the gift of time to now create the healthy and happy life that you’ve always said would happen “someday”. Are you ready to re-create your own version of retirement?
Do you have a plan? Studies show that those who have a plan and sense of purpose will have a happier retirement.
Where do you start?
Click here to get all the details
Weekly Circuit Workouts
Drop in fee - $5
Anytime Fitness Members - no charge
Join some Happy Monkeys at Anytime fitness once a week to supplement your own program or kick start a healthy lifestyle.
We will start with a 15 minute warm up on the treadmill, bikes or eliptical; followed by a 45-minute circuit lead by Carol Ploen-Hosegood. All Monkeys are welcome, you work at your own fitness level.
The workout is intended to motivate you to stay active on a regular basis and maintain your muscle tone, cardiovascular fitness and flexibility. All fitness levels will be accommodated. Strength and fun in numbers!
No need to register just show up at Anytime Fitness and tell them you're a monkey. Please bring your drop in fee to Anytime Fitness directly.
Tuesday Mornings 9:15am - 10:30am. The circuit begins at 9:30am
Anytime Fitness Lindenwoods ~ 980 Lorimer Blvd,
One Simple Change
Tuesday, June 6, 7-8:30pm
Cost - FREE
June Event ~ Shake it up for summer! Complete shake sampling
Tuesday, June 6
Carol's home 10 Spindlestone Gate, Whyteridge
Wanting to make a healthy shift in your lifestyle?
Struggle with making simple changes?
Looking for a community to support you in your journey?
If you answered yes, to any of these questions, you have found the right place! The Healthy Living Revolution is a movement to take healthy back. Your health is your number one asset and the only person who has control over it is you.
Join us as we:
- Discuss the importance of a whole food diet and introduce you to Juice Plus complete shake. (sampling!! yummy)
- We will also introduce you to a whole food supplement, Juice Plus, that allows you to bridge the gap between what you are eating and what you should be eating.
- Answer all your questions with no obligation
- Invite you to make One Simple Change for June and continue 2017 by taking healthy back.
We start with community and supporting each other, we build everything on healthy lifestyle choices, no quick fixes. You will not be overwhelmed with too much information.
One simple change each month will help you make Health and Vitality a part of your lifestyle.
This event is offered monthly so by the end of the year you have 12 new healthy habits and a new happy, healthy you!
Even though this is a free event we will need to know numbers for sampling. Please text 204-955-6318 or email Carol and let her know you are coming.
HMC Dragon Boat Team 2017
September 8-10, 2017
Cost - $185
Fun, Fitness, Fundraising
Everything Happy Monkey Club is about!
Join us for the 2017 Dragon Boat Festival Sept. 8,9,10, 2017 and help us raise over $30,000 for Cancer Care Manitoba and the Children's Hospital.
Happy Monkey Club has two boats entered for the 2017 festival, and we're looking for some Monkeys to fill them!
You're spot will be secured when payment is received. Don't miss out and register today.
- $185 entry fee. Payment is due May 1, 2017. (Remember it's first come, first serve)
- Commit to raise $250- $500+ in pledges for Cancer Care Manitoba and the Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- Attend a minimum of 2 out of 3 on river training sessions (dates will be known July 2017 and training will take place the last two weeks of August first week of September)
- Commit to the September 8-10, 2017 weekend for the actual races.
- Support any and all fundraising events leading up the festival as a participant/volunteer or promoter.
- Attend any pre-event activities to train, build team and have fun.
Red Mountain Retreat 2017
November 3-9, 2017
Red Mountain Resort, Utah
$$380-$399 per day all meals, activities and room
HMC is thrilled to announce the dates for the 2017 retreat to Red Mountain Resort, Utah.
This year you can create your own trip within the week. I invite you to join us for 7 nights but if 4 or 5 fits your schedule better we can accommodate that too. Minimum 4 night stay, all taxes, fees and group meetings are included.
Join me for the best get away you will experience of living active, eating healthy, having fun, being positive and giving back to the most important person…YOU!
This is an opportunity to immerse yourself in the 5 pillars of happiness in a breath taking setting with amazing company and no distractions.
Red Mountain Resort is distinguished for its diversity of unique vacation experiences. Some are inspired to fulfill their passion for adventure, others to restore and enhance specific areas of physical, emotional or spiritual well-being. Your package includes:
- Deluxe room; inclusive of all fees
- Three healthy meals daily
- Daily guided morning hikes
- Unlimited fitness classes
- Healthy life classes & events
- Personal discovery activities
- Eat Well, Feel Well cooking demonstrations
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in rooms and throughout resort
- 42” flat-screen, high-definition televisions
- Use of indoor & seasonal outdoor pools, bicycles, walking trails, strength & cardio studios and other amenities
- Everyone will receive a $125USD Spa/Resort Credit with a 6 night stay!!
- Private group sessions
- HMC t-shirt, journal and water bottle
- Welcome night Bonfire
- Organized group activities at the resort and excursion to Zion National Park (optional, please note there are additional charges for these outings but will reflect significant savings from doing them individually through the resort) More info. to come
The triple F Car Rally
Cost - TBD
FUN, FRIENDS and FUNDRAISING
Details coming soon
- All events will be held at Southside Golf Course
- 1:30 registration 2:30 shot gun start
- Complimentary Range balls
- Golf Format : 9 Hole Texas Scramble with lots of fun games
- Prizes and Rainbow auction
- Other fun surprises
- Cocktails 5:30
- Dinner and prizes 6-8pm
- Cost of the day $145
Proceeds of the tournament are going to Cancer Care Manitoba and the Children’s Hospital.