I spent last week in the mountains visiting my daughter. We hiked, we skied, we relaxed and enjoyed the beauty of the Rocky Mountains and now I’m back in my Winnipeg bubble. The rules changed again and we are all asked to do our part to flatten the curve and take the pressure off the health care workers and that’s exactly what I intend to do.
My bubble will be very small as I want to see my parents and help out my mom. What that means is that all HMC activity will be online only. Now is the time to self motivate and keep your wellness program going strong.
I wrote a blog last spring as to how I was going to fill my time in self quarantine and so even though I am not 100% locked down I will create a new list to inspire me each day to get up with purpose and enjoy each and every day. If we don’t plan for our health and wellness it likely won’t happen. Instead of complaining I’m taking some time to make a list of what I will do over the next 2-4 weeks to stay engaged, be productive, keep my body and mind healthy and happy and share that with others.
Here’s my plan
1. Create an online HMC Wellness store that I hope to introduce later this week.
2. Walk my dog daily no matter how cold or windy it is. You can dress for any weather.
3. I will do yoga every other day and a weight circuit workout on the opposite days in my basement workout space.
4. I will work on organizing my photos. A job that never got completed in the spring.
5. I will connect with friends and family via zoom and Facetime so I can continue to see my parents in person.
6. I will journal and meditate daily. It may only be for short periods of time but I will do it and focus on the positive.
7. I will spend time reading each day.
8. I will spend time learning about something new each day.
9. I will try new healthy recipes and share the good ones on HMC.
10. I will stay positive by not spending time on social media or getting sucked into the rabbit hole.
I know that things are tough these days but if you make a plan, reach out to others, share a smile we will get through this together. Find the positive and purpose in your day and don’t get sucked in by the negative “Nancy’s” who can only complain. Life is too short … think happy.