Banana Chocolate Oat Cookies
Servings / Yield: 18 cookies
A delicious way to easily use up brown bananas. These flourless, gluten free cookies are made with bananas, oats, chocolate, flax, brown sugar and cinnamon. Prep Time15 mins Cook Time10 mins
Author: Getty Stewart
- 1 cup mashed bananas (3 very ripe medium bananas)
- 2 1/4 cups quick oats
- 2 Tbsp ground flax, optional
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar or other sweetener, optional
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°C. Lightly grease or line baking sheet.
- In medium sized bowl, squish ripe bananas with back of fork to a smooth, almost liquid consistency.
- Combine oats, ground flax, cinnamon, brown sugar (if using) and oil with mashed bananas.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by large tablespoon onto baking sheet. Press and shape into rounds about 1 cm thick. Cookies will not spread or rise but leave space between to allow slight browning of edges.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until set and beginning to turn golden brown.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 days. Also great for storing in the freezer.
Tried this recipe? Share a photo and tag #getgettys on Instagram!
Mix in some extra nuts and seeds for a change.To ensure gluten free and dairy free – double check your oats are gluten free and your chocolate chips are dairy free. Instead of Bananas:1/2 cup applesauce + 1/2 cup nut or seed butter or 1 cup pureed sweet potato, pumpkin or squash plus additional sweetener.
I absolutely love these cookies. Helps me satisfy my sweet tooth without all the extra sugar, flour and junk in most recipes.