A favourite on many of our adventure travel trips compliments of our cook Patti Phillips. So yummy.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala (could substitute curry powder)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 28 ounce can plum tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/8-1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups raw spinach leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over a medium – low heat.
- Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Then add garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add tumeric, ground cumin, coriander, and garman masala and cook for a minute stirring constantly.
- Add the cauliflower, tomatoes, chickpea, water, chili flakes and salt. Break up the tomatoes with back of wooden spoon.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add the coconut milk and spinach
- Adjust seasoning if necessary
- Serve over brown or white rice and naan bread.