Makes 2 servings/bowls
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, lightly pounded to an even thickness
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil, divided
- 1 small ripe avocado, chopped or sliced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 4 cups salad greens of choice
- 2-3 Tbsps fresh lime juice
Homemade Mango Salsa:
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled pitted and cubed
- a small handful of fresh mint or cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, diced small
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
Season chicken breast with sea salt and pepper on both sides.
Heat 1 tablespoon of your oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides and no longer pink in the center, 4-5 minutes per side.
Set meat aside on a cutting board, covered, to rest for 5 minutes, then slice it against the grain.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all mango salsa ingredients, gently stir.
To assemble your bowls, divide the salad greens between 2 bowls, then top each equally with cooked quinoa or rice, sliced chicken, avocado and mango salsa.
Drizzle each with a bit of oil and fresh lime juice.
© 2021 © Copyright CleanFoodCrush ® LLC 2014-2021 – Rachel Maser – CleanFoodCrush.com