I left 2 weeks ago to Kauai with my parents and siblings to celebrate my parents 60th anniversary and poof my world turned upside down. Stock market crashed, we were told to return home, HMC’s Arizona adventure cancelled and the list goes on. I know I’m not alone here. The whole world is in a holding pattern, trying to fight this Covid-19 virus and that puts us all way outside our comfort zone. Self quarantine, no professional sports to watch, no restaurants, no work or work from home, social distancing, it really makes you rethink the way you live your life.
I am self quarantined until April 5 and to be honest I’m kind of excited. OK, not about everything I have to do but seriously, there are some good things about this. So let’s focus on that!
I don’t have to grocery shop for 2 weeks!! Yeah baby, my friends who have not been traveling have volunteered to look after me. I like that a lot! My daughter is home from University almost 2 months early…bonus. My son has more time to connect from L.A. I have company walking the dog every day. My favorite thing is I have time!
How many times have you said to yourself, I’ll do that when I have time. This is your chance as we all have plenty of it right now. No excuses, you can’t say you are bored as I truly believe there is so much to do. It’s just different.
Your health is number one right now and avoiding Covid 19 and not spreading it is a priority. In addition to this we need to continue our healthy lifestyle not succumb to Netflix and binge eating!
Remember, healthy lifestyle encompasses many different pieces. I call them the pieces of a puzzle that all fit together to create a healthy mind, body and soul. My five pillars play a big part of that too. So in today’s blog I’m going to focus on things I have planned over the next 2 weeks to live my life to the fullest. I like lists so I’ll share my list and you can take what you like and leave the rest just like HMC. Maybe it will trigger some ideas for you.
My top 10 things to do for my 14 day self quarantine
- Each day I have picked one room or closet to organize and clean out. Just think of how much stuff I will have to donate at the end and how good I will feel living in a de-cuttered home. An additional bonus is you find old games and things you can do with your family so your not so bored!
- I am committed to healthy eating. All I hear about is everyone saying they are going to gain 10 pounds because there is nothing else to do but eat. Come on people you now have the time to plan your meals, cook healthy and enjoy them together as a family. Be mindful about how certain foods make you feel and if you are truly hungry. Create new positive habits that focus on healthy living. Anyone interested in a 10 day challenge? I’m starting one on Monday, March 30. Click here and request more information!
- I will be active daily. This is no different than normal but I will have to be creative and motivated to do it at home. Today’s first room to clean was our workout room so we are set up and workout one is complete. I will walk my dog daily too just not with any friends and away from others. 🙁
- I will journal daily. Focusing on the things I am grateful for and documenting my self isolation journey.
- I will connect with friends and family via Facetime and Whats’App so I continue my social interaction with others. Need to chat? You know where I am!
- I will work on organizing my pictures. This one is a big one and I may only scratch the surface but I am going to start! It will be fun reminiscing and sharing fun photos with family and friends. Throw back 14 days!!
- I’m going to read! I seldom take time to read when life is on full throttle so I am going to take 30-60 minutes a day to read.
- I am going to clean up the files on my computer and phone. Everyone can do this one!
- I’m going to meditate at least 5 minutes a day. It’s very powerful but I don’t usually take time. Give it a try. Here are a few short ones available on my website.
- I am going to play games with my husband and daughter. We are digging out all the games we played when our kids were growing up and each day we will take some time to play!
I’ll stop there as I still have some work to do to keep up with my monkey business but you get the idea. Plan your days out, change up what you are doing every hour, the time will pass and boom this crisis will be over, you’ll be happy and healthy and organized.
I’ll give you an update in 14 days and let you know how it all worked out. Until then, wash your hands and do your part.
- Don’t watch the news!